The AK47, or Avtomat Kalshnikova Obrazetza 1947g (7.62 Automatic Kalashnikov Rifle Model of 1947g) was the Brainchild of Russian tanker turned weapon designer Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashnikov.
Since it first introduction an estimated 80 million including its variants have been produced making it the most proliferate firearm in the world. Its simplicity, ruggedness, reliability and ballistic effectiveness have made it a favorite among many.
Though some may view it only as a battlefield pick-up weapon, we feel it can fulfill the role of a citizen defensive rifle. In this course we will capitalize on the inherent strengths of its design, increase the operators understanding, skill level and fighting prowess with this highly effective weapon system.
Areas Covered in Detail
- Marksmanship fundamentals.
- Sighting methodology.
- Manipulation of control devices.
- Ready and carry positions.
- Non-diagnostic stoppage techniques.
- Shoulder transitions.
- Handgun transitions.
- Loading, unloading, re-loading.
- One handed manipulation, primary and support sides.
- Fighting positions- Shooting on the move.
- Weapon retention and shooting methodology.
- Weapon seizure methodology.
- Change of direction drills.
- Close in fighting (AK as a striking device and force multiplier)
*Come with your weapon zeroed.
For those wishing to attend it is imperative to note that you must be in good physical shape. This cannot be over emphasized. There is a large amount of information to cover in two days, so come prepared for physical exertion.