It should be noted that though this is listed as a level one type course this is not a novice level of instruction. Anyone wishing to attend should have a solid foundation, both mechanically and theoretically in the pistol they wish to utilize.
Areas Covered in Detail
- How mindset and tactics are the key to dominating in a Lethal Force Encounter.
- Proper understanding of legal aspects associated in a LFE.
- The Psychological and Physiological aspects of combat.
- Efficient and tactically sound presentation of the firearm.
- Areas of mastery required to insure accurate combat fire.
- How to shoot from numerous fighting positions.
- How to shoot one handed from primary and support side.
- Fluid and tactically sound manipulation of the weapon during
re-loading / unloading and malfunction related drills.
- How movement, scanning and communication during combat will increase your chances of survival.
- How to recognize and utilize cover while shooting and how to make the most of it.
- How to recognize danger and pre-assault cues as to assist us in avoiding a dangerous encounter.
- How to integrate a "layered" defense approach.
Though the above may sound theoretical, this course is not. You will put many of these ideas into use on the range. The amount of information covered and shooting performed is quite extensive.